Spookfontein offers two picturesque self-catering cottages. Fresh crisp white linen, airy cupboards and spacious rooms provide for an easy and relaxing city get-away. The cottages are only 15 minutes by car from Hermanus’ bustle and both are family friendly. A baby cot is available at request and little ones can safely play in and around the cottages. Regretfully, this is not pet-friendly accommodation.
Blue Crane Cottage is a real charmer with its high reed ceilings, large stone fireplace and magnificent views. Nestled between vineyard and mountain, visitors can relax with simple country décor, a well-stocked practical kitchen and two bathrooms. All rooms spill onto the patio via French Doors, allowing a soft sea breeze and vistas from every corner. Although there is no allocated parking spot, visitors can simply park next to the cottage with easy access through the kitchen or via the patio.
Sunbird Cottage - surrounded by vineyard and valley - offer visitors a sizeable covered patio and plenty of moving space. In true country fashion, visitors can enjoy a barbeque at the back door with its built in braai or entertain and unwind on the front patio leading to living areas and bedrooms. Plain décor, and fuss-free furniture makes this cottage family friendly with a small fireplace to keep the chill at bay and a large fridge for stocking up comfortably. Visitors can park in the undercover parking bay; a second vehicle can park under nearby trees.
- Sleeps 4 people (2 double an-suite bedrooms)
- Minimum 2 guests @ R440 pppn (Price valid from March 2018 - February 2019)
- Children under 12 @R220 pppn (Price valid from March 2018 - February 2019)
- Minimum stay for 2 nights – surcharge of R 100 pp for 1 night stay
- Linen & towels provided
- Fully equipped kitchen, open plan dining, living with verandah
- Bathroom with bath & shower
- Bathroom with bath
- Braai facilities
- No TV
- No Microwave
- Electricity & gas
- Initial crate of firewood provided, extra at R25 per crate/bag